22 June 2013

RPM Italian

RPM Italian is always packed that you need luck to be on your side to make a reservation.  Located in the heart of River North, this is one of the places often preferred by locals.

I went there with my friend, Kathe, during her visit here in Chicago.  I wanted her to experience Chicago dining so I did everything I could to squeeze a reservation for us.  Thankfully, we had that stroke of good luck. 

One thing I like about this place is that they have Moscato in their wine list.  I'm a sucker for Moscato so for a resto to have Moscato in their wine list is a plus factor for me.  

We had Mozzarella Capresse and the Spicy King Crab.  The Spicy King Crab is their pasta dish with squid ink infused in the noodles.  The dish is typically spicy, but we requested for the spicy factor to be modulated. The Mozzarella Capresse is just OK  But the Spicy King Crab rocks!!!!  We also got a tortellini dish... but it was undercooked and salty.



I had high expectations for this place given that it's one of the most booked places in Chicago... but this place didn't really wow me.

Ambiance wise, this place is OK... menu wise, the dishes could be better.

Personal Rating: 3.5 Stars out of 5
Address: 52 W Illinois Chicago, IL
Telephone Number: 312-222-1888

No comments:

Post a Comment