02 July 2013

Bistro Zinc

One of our teams in the office decided to give our visitor Kathe a dinner while she's here in Chicago.  They let me decide on where to eat, so I thought of a place we haven't had a team dinner yet.  While surfing the net, I saw that Bistro Zinc got rave reviews so I booked a reservation.

First and foremost, service wise, the staff deserves a big thank you from us.  Something came up that made us really really really late for our reservation... and yet they still found a way to accommodate us. 

When we got there, one of my friends first reaction was that the place was so French.  It has this feel that is perfect for group dinner.  We started off with appetizers: escargot and foie gras. Loved them both!  I loved the chutney that went with the foie gras, as it really complimented the flavor and richness of the liver.  

For the main course, Kathe and I decided to share our entrees so we could get to try both.  We got the La Crepe au Poulet (Chicken Crepe) and the Grilled Salmon.  We enjoyed both :)  They were so good!  Our other colleagues seemed to enjoy their entrees, too.

And as I mentioned awhile ago, the place is conducive for a fun group dinner.  It has been so busy for the past few weeks at work, but we all had a chance to bond that night at Bistro Zinc.




I'm giving this place 5 out of 5 stars. 

Address:  1131 N State Chicago
Phone No.: 312-337-1131

No comments:

Post a Comment